Introducing Butterfly, a dedicated Trans Sexual Health Service.
The clinic will take place on:
Monday 1.30pm - 6pm - Liverpool
Tuesday 10am - 4pm - Knowsley
For appointments please call: 0300 323 1300. Normal phone opening times apply.
For more information on the transgender clinic for sexual health screening and advice please email: Butterfly@liverpoolft.nhs.uk or visit @axess_sh on Twitter or Instagram.
axess Sexual Health | Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust | Prescot Street | Liverpool | L7 8PX (MONDAY)
axess Sexual Health | 2 Ellison Grove | Huyton | Liverpool | L36 9GA (TUESDAY)
Our key priorities
Our service is free. We are part of an NHS organisation so all tests and treatment are free.
We understand the difficulties in discussing the most personal aspects of your life and give absolute reassurance about confidentiality. Our computer system is separate from the rest of the hospital and from your GP.
Respectful and non-judgemental
We will never judge you on what you say or do. People are free to make choices about their life and we respect that. We are here to help and advise not to criticise.
Services we offer
- Full sexual health check including chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV & syphilis
- Rapid HIV test. A finger-prick test that gives a result in 20 minutes.
- Routine HIV test. A highly sensitive test that is reliable from 4-6 weeks after a risk
- Hepatitis B & C screening
- Free condoms and lube
- PREP - Management/Referral
- PEP - Post exposure prophylaxis if you have or may have been exposed to HIV. This medication which is taken for a month can reduce your risk of HIV by up to 80%. We offer it up to 72hrs after a risk, but works best if taken straight away.
- HEP A & B Vaccines
- HPV Vaccine
- Advice & support about safer sex, drugs, alcohol and general lifestyle.
- Referral to HIV service for those with known, or newly diagnosed, HIV
- Cervical Cytology (Need to be registered with a GP and have received invitation recall letter from screening office.)
- Contraception advice/management